Our Congregation in Belgium
The Congregation in Belgium has a threefold origin: Jupille (founded by Trier - Germany) in 1878; La Hulpe (from Roule - Bruxelles) and Berlaymont (merged with Jupille in 1939).
The dynamism of the sisters and the historical events led to developments all over the world: in 1906, the Belgian sisters left to make a foundation in Brazil and, in 1940, in the Congo.
Today, the Congregation is present in Brussels, Liège and Loupoigne. Eighteen sisters live in community or in personal accommodation according to the needs of the apostolate. The Olivier community welcomes our elderly sisters, always in touch with what is happening all over the world.
Three schools live from the spirit of the Congregation: La Hulpe, Jupille and Berlaymont. They aim to train young people capable of contributing to the development of a united, pluralist society open to other cultures; young actors responsible for the society of tomorrow.
The sisters are involved in supporting women in difficulty, accompanying detainees and welcoming foreign students.
The group of Associates in Belgium is numerous and dynamic. They meet every two months and develop fraternal relationships with the Associates scattered in other countries.